Epoxy Floors are one of the best options you can choose to upgrade your garage flooring. This flooring solution is durable, long lasting, cleans easily and overall will make your garage look great. Garage Store is an official installer of epoxy floors and will transform your dull concrete floor into an elegant and durable flooring system. Whether you’re looking for everyday garage floor coatings or commercial work space, Garage Store has an epoxy flooring solution that will look great and fit perfectly into your budget.
Here is the process that Garage Store uses for every epoxy floor installation.
1. Homeowners must clear all personal belongings off the floors. Please not that for large items our installation team can assist with the cleaning process. We also can work around some large units and if there is inclement weather, we might have to postpone the work for better weather.
2. Your floors must be prepped. First off, if you already have paint or rustoleum on your floor, it has to be removed. Then the contractor has to diamond grind your concrete. This machine roughens the floor up and opens the pores so that the liquid layers seep in, harden and bite down so you don’t have that peeling problem.
3. Repairs any cracks. Your garage flooring installer will assess floor damage as minor or major and if there are additional costs involved. They will also keep an eye out for moisture damage.
4. Apply the first layer which is an alkali moisture barrier. This keeps the moisture from the earth from coming up into the garage.
5. Apply a layer of epoxy.
6. Piles of vinyl chips are hand distributed to fully cover your entire garage.
7. Next day the excess is scraped off and sanded vertically and horizontally. What’s left is a textured “no skid” surface.
8. Impervious, UV clear coat is applied and left to dry. Garage door needs to be kept open for 6 hours to allow drying (depending on weather). Sometimes a smell is added so that when it dissipates, you know it’s dry.
9. Keep your cars out of the garage until the drying process is over.
10. Enjoy your new garage floors!
If your ready to upgrade your garage floors today, contact Garage Store, your #1 epoxy flooring installer.